Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

My golden birthday was two days ago, I turned 24 on the 24th of July, a once in a lifetime event! Thanks a bunch to all on Facebook, Myspace and Blogspot who wished me a happy birthday! I didn't realize I had so many friends and it made my day really special! My bday landed on a Thursday, which we all know the weekend days are prime for a birthday, but I had the day off because my last day working as a caregiver was Wednesday and I start my new job working for a cardiologist on Monday!!! A great job that both Matt and I are thrilled about and feel like a lot of our prayers have been answered.  My 24th year is gonna be a good one I can tell already!!! My mom wrote me a birthday poem on her blog, and I LOVED it! It seriously brought tears to my eyes because it was so funny, true and personalized. Check it out at http://boisehowells.blogspot.com and leave my Mom a comment about what a good poet she is! I think she should write the next Where the Sidewalk Ends series :) Anyway the whole reason I am blogging about my birthday is because Matt got me my DREAM PURSE and I kept saying repeatedly how much I loved it so he mentioned that it was only fair since I blogged about how much I love our Dyson vacuum that my purse gets the same treatment!  I would have to agree!

Behold my new favorite inanimate object! 

     You can look, but don't touch. :)


After my perfect purse was purchased, we went out to dinner at Buca Di Beppo and shared a scrumptrilescent Italian dish. It was a great night! 

Then yesterday to continue the fun in good birthday extending fashion I went and had Matt's cousin Christine cut my hair into an A-line bob. Gotta ring in my 24th year with a new do! She did a fabulous job! Later at night Matt's parents Ed and Carol came over and they took us to dinner at Fins in Westlake.  Like all dinner outings should be, we mostly went for the dessert!  We shared chocolate fondue with berries, pound cake and wafers and a enormous banana split in a dish so big you could probably curl up and take a nap in it (that is, if you like napping in ice cream) They were delish! It was a lot of fun! 

No more stringy locks and split ends! Yahoo!


                  The end. 

9 comments:

Kim Allen said...

Happy B-Day! I love the new purse and the new do! You look so cute.

Victoria said...

Love all the pictures from your trip and the new do! Super-cute! I think it's funny that you visited the Tillamook Cheese factory. I too have been there. I wasn't as thrilled about it though. I was 12 at the time and could care less about cheese.

Jason & Shannon said...

Happy late birthday. I love the haircut! Awesome purse too!!! So pink, and BIG!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Hubba hubba zing zing!!

Steve and Hailey said...

The purse is beautiful. Did Matt pick it out for you all on his own? Your birthday dessert sounded very wonderful and the haircut...wow what a great birthday!

HowellAZ said...

What a hottie...you must be a Howell!!! Also, can you send me your email address, I am trying to send some pictures to you from OR, but tenthecaterpillar came back.
Thanks a bunch!

Kent and Leisy said...

happy late bday! the a line looks great on you! I am in such need of a new do! and that fondue sounds AMAZING. Eating like crazy is my favorite birthday activity!!!

HowellAZ said...

J'ai apprécié vraiment le commentaire que vous avez écrit de la prison et je consent definately que le menu ne semble pas très délicieux. Vous n'aimez pas juste le freetranslation.com ? C'est la meilleure chose jamais !

Unknown said...

love the hair! and even though i have never met your husband, i sure like him too.