Sunday, August 31, 2008

Couch Potatoes


I started noticing a trend in a lot of my photos.   That trend was a certain piece of furniture. It kept popping up all over the place. And not just our own tan colored piece, but also our relative's, friends, and past residences as well; floral ones, leather ones, green, brown and cream colored ones. Apparently I don't discriminate. Now I would like to think that this certain piece of furniture is in mine and our pictures rather often, not because a) we are lazy or b) we watch an incessant amount of television, but rather that we like cozy places to sit and they make a good backdrop for photos to be taken while sitting on. 

I did some researching and the most favorable definition for what it seems that I have always been and now we are together is.....

A Couch Potato - A couch Potato is not a type of vegetable, nor is it a kind of couch. It is a person. This person is one who is fixated on a piece of furniture. (for more fascinating info on this subject click here)



When it all began.  Propped all my stuffed animals up for their first photo shoot. Man do I miss those Garfield slippers.

 Ben, Megan and I all sick before going to church. (We all have thermometers in our mouths.) Funny thing is, I think I was the only one who really was sick. 


In the living room (or is it the family room? what's the difference again Mom?) just doing what big sisters do best. 


Bryson and I trying out the new leather couch, making sure it was sturdy enough for monkeying around on. 

Taking my new tricks to college with me and showing the roomies there how it's done. 


At a wedding. Either the couch was crooked and we all slipped to one side or we liked being smooshed.  


When Kim came down to Cali to visit right before my wedding.  

Much needed necessity for those who love sitting on couches....blankets. The more the better.
 
Christmas 2007 at the cabin in McCall. VERY comfy couch as I recall. 


Enter floral couch again. Saying hello the Howell way to my sister Megan when I came to visit last summer. 

Mom, me and Bry. It seems my dad isn't a couch participator. He's the only one who is missing out on all the action in these pics.  Perhaps because he would rather be sitting on a motorcycle or snowmobile. 

Even Aunt Rosie and Uncle Steve's dog baseball loves her some couch relaxation time. 



Matt showing off his massive blister on his finger after changing our blown up tire on our way to Arizona. He also had heat exhaustion while doing it since it was 110 degrees out and almost passed out on me! He earned his rights for couch time here. 


Izzy when she comes to play. This is when we like her best. She has the most energy I have ever seen from such a tiny little creature. Takes HOURS to wear her out!


My favorite place to sit. It's a little tight on our love seat sofa,  but we like each other so it works out well. 


And for the grand finale. Looks nice doesn't it? Go take a little snooze on your couch.....You know you want to :)

3 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Haha, I love it. We are always on our couches! We are currently on our couches at this moment.

Lauryl said...

Love the couch! Man, I think I'll go take a couch nap right now.

Steve and Hailey said...

There is the cutest picture book called, 'He Came With the Couch.' I think you and Matt need to go out and get a copy of it. It's one of Jack's favorite books.