Friday, July 4, 2008

Spider City Relocation

I haven't written in a while, and that is mostly because I have been too busy killing spiders to sit down to type.  That's right the Spider City  exhibit from the Los Angeles Zoo a few months back I'm pretty sure has relocated to our apartment. I am getting a crick in my neck from straining it all the time doing this 360 degree head turn scanning any room I'm in for eight legged squatters. Spiders are NOT welcome where I live! So whoever extended them an invitation I am revoking it right now!  They have caused me all sorts of problems....namely Anxiety, especially because whenever I see one I squeal (that's precisely what it is I'm ashamed to say) for Matt to come squish it. However his track record of squishing is not that great. In fact so much so that I can't even watch now because every time he goes for them with a paper towel, he is confident he's got it and then comes up empty handed! Which you can imagine leaves me in a panicked frenzy hopping around like I'm standing on hot coals! The thought of a spider still lurking in my midst doesn't sit well with me. I swear Matt's theme song in his head when he's the exterminator is that Snoop Dogg one that goes "drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot".  But it's the thought that counts I suppose, because he never fails to try and get them for me. 

The list of troubles these arachnids have caused me goes....not only anxiety and restless night, but also the time I was carrying a pot of boiling water from the stove to the sink, saw a spider by my feet and almost dumped the water all over myself. Matt that time said that a spider crawling on me is worth the risk rather then get third degree burns. I suppose he is right about that one. 

And the number one inconvenience in my life lately caused by spiders is.....HIVES. Yep, never had them before and I'll be thrilled to never get them again. I was beginning to think I had the chicken pox for a second round, when Matt researched it on line and found you can get them from an insect bite. It just so happens a few days prior I had asked him one morning about a red bump on my hip and he was positive it was a spider bite. (sick! spiders should not allowed in beds!)  It was really itchy and started to get bigger and then I got a rash which then turned into hives! NOT fun. I don't recommend anyone get them :) 

Well the pretty much wraps up my spider rant.  I realize there is a need for spiders in the world, but if they could just stay outside and out of my view I would greatly appreciate it, lately they just seem to want to get domesticated and think our casa is their casa.  Everytime I see them I just want to yell what Adam Sandler says to the golf ball in Happy Gilmore "Go to your home spider! Don't you like you're home!?"

2 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

I'm with you, spiders are only allowed to live OUTSIDE and preferably not close to my house or within my sight!

theRach said...

Ewwwwwwwwww!!! That is when I pull out the Hoover and vacuum up their sorry spider you-know-whats!