Sunday, May 25, 2008

Thank goodness for family

I have been so blessed to have married into such a great family....who also just so happens to have great taste! If it weren't for Matt's parents and grandparents I am absolutely sure we would have NO furniture. Well except for the two desks in our office. I tallied up the score of what we have in our apartment and out of all the furniture those are the only two pieces we have actually purchased ourselves.  Our couch, our recliner, our entertainment center, our dining room table and chairs, our dresser, etc. etc. You get the point. All of it has been so kindly donated to us. We actually didn't even have a bed frame until recently, not that we were complaining, at least we had a bed to sleep in, but Matt's Gma recently got one she didn't like as much as she thought so we are now the proud owners! I must say, it goes well with the stars I had hung up before and now provides a little bit more distance from us and their pointy edges. More then once I woke up at night after hanging them, scared that if an earthquake hit those little star daggers would take out one of my eyes. So not only is our new bed frame decorative and functional, but it also adds protection. I think it's safe to say if it weren't for Matt's generous family we would be living in an apartment decorated like this....

2 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

Yay for wonderful in-laws. That's how we ended up with our beautiful bed too. Your bed is gorgeous and I love the stars too!

Kent and Leisy said...

I love the bed! and ours came from my in-laws as well :)