Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ode to My Madre


My mom is the best
She is better then the rest
She didn't throw me away
When I was a colic-y bebe
And as if that weren't enough
She put up with lots of other stuff
Like my pre-teen crying, whining phase
That sadly lasted more than a few days
And then when I thought I was too old, 
to have to do what I was told.
She still loved me anyway
And didn't try to sell me on Ebay.

My mom cooked all kinds of yummy dishes
That exceeded all her kids wishes
Like that time on April Fools
when she broke all the dinner rules
And gave us a plate of 'frozen' peas
And she laughed at all our pleas
Until we came to see
that they were really candies!
My mom is fun and silly
And reminds of a calle lily
(cuz she is really pretty.)
 
Another thing I like to remember
is going shopping in September
Always right before school would start
We'd go shopping all day (for the most part)
I got to be with my mom all alone
(Before we both had a cellular phone.)
After my school supplies were complete,
She would always take me out to eat!

You might not know this about my mom
Cuz she's almost always very calm,
But she runs a rental business from home
Even came up with the idea on her own.
She is the smartest woman I know,
I can't help but think 'whoa' 
When I think of all that she had done,
Raising a boy, two girls and another son.
She recently got her bachelors degree,
I think all of her kids would have to agree
That she's the best mom we have ever had
One day when I'm a mom, and Matt's a dad.
I hope I can be just like Michelle Marie,
Whose the best mom I guarantee!

So thanks mom for being so great,
I hope your kindness is a genetic trait. 
I had to put this poem on display,
Because I wanted something to convey
Out of all the mothers in the U.S. of A.
I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!









4 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Wow, Kristen, you are quite the poetess. I read it aloud to Bryson and Dad and we all enjoyed it. You are my favorite daughter Kristen! I have lots of good memories of you and will immortalize these thoughts in a poem for your BD. (I'd better start working on it now!)
Love, MOM

Sven & Trin said...

I love this.

Amy and Craig said...

Kristen, I know I say it every time I comment on the blog, but really you have the BEST blog!

theRach said...

Very cute...I love that picture of your parents!!! And Ben, what a little cutie. :)