Sunday, June 1, 2008

Scary Skelly


Recently I started summer school and am taking Anatomy. It is hardcore too. We have class and lab each night for 5 hours straight and all the material we learn doing those five hours we are expected to memorize and are quizzed on it the following day. Thankfully my job allows me some time to study and I can go through my bazillion flashcards of anatomy structures to memorize.  Even though it's been a doozy, I LOVE the class.  The human body is so fascinating! I don't know how anyone can learn about all the different structures of organisms all the way down to the complexity of the cells they are composed of and not realize that it was specifically CREATED and not just a product of nature and evolution. Tomorrow I have an Exam and have been studying all day trying to cram as much information into my slowly expanding brain. I think I might have to start taking some Ginko Biloba! :) I'm not normally a scaredy cat, well I guess that depends on who are asking, but we start working on cadavers this week and I am a little sqeeumish about it! The cadaver closet in our classroom gives me the heebie jeebies when I see it out of the corner of my eye in class even though the door is always closed!  Not only that but recently when the skeletons were rolled out as we were learning about them I wondered why skeletons and  skulls  always seem so creepy and seen as scary. Then I figured  it out today as I was studying this pic of a skull......... they are always smiling!!

2 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

here at the Miller house we adore anatomy. Kent and I met in our high school anat and phys class! and Kent just finished up his gross anatomy! I don't think I ever noticed that skeletons are always smiling! good luck with the cadavers. I always had to have altoids in my mouth- and I HATE altoids but they were the only thing strong enough to mask the taste of cadaver guts. You will be SOOOO stinky when you go home every night.

Jason & Shannon said...

Great post! We were also wondering if your hide-a-bed was still available? We are thinking about a trip to Disneyland mid- August this year... Possibly.