Sunday, May 4, 2008

Don't believe us?



So in light of the earlier post and how unbelievable is sounds, I thought I would put some hard evidence on here of our grocery game gala each week.  Here is part of the breakdown of what we just purchased at Ralphs:

3 packs of Venus razors for me
8 count pack of paper towels
2 gallons of milk
2 boxes of cereal
2 boxes of Quaker granola bars
1 Maybelline mascara 
1 Maybelline foundation 
1 pack of Crest floss
1 Purell hand sanitizer
Avocaodos
2 bags of salad
2 packs of cheese, Provolone and Meunster
2 big bags of lunchmeat, Turkey and Ham
3 small Ben and Jerry's icecreams (mmmmmm our weakness)
3 cans of Bertolli pasta sauces

And it goes on and on, but that gives you an idea. So what might this shopping fest have cost us? Well...
Our total bill was: $188.34.  Yikes! 
We paid: $61.21!!!
(If you can't read that it says Verified Total Savings: $127. 13!!)

You know it's good when the cashier says "woah". So there you have it. The Grocery game works! Read the post below if you want to save oodles of money like we just did :)


7 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

What amazingly smart shoppers you two are. That means you each eat for about $30.00 per week. Some people spend more than that in a day (eating out). Way to make your dollars count!

Jen said...

That is seriously amazing. I am definitely going to look into that.

Steve and Hailey said...

I bet you never guessed how many fans your blog has. Count me in! I love the latest about grocery shopping. Great ideas. I actually think grocery shopping is a date for Steve and I (and Jack now too). Oh and I really enjoyed your blog about things that people don't know about you. I forget the specifics, but I remember some of them I could relate to myself.

Kent and Leisy said...

I'm definitely going to look into it. My very very favorite grocery store here in toledo is on the list for Ohio!!!

taylor and laney said...

incredible! i think taylor and I may have to try it when we move to new york!

Erick and Megan said...

Hi Kristen! I'm so glad you found me. I found your blog again on Trinity's. That is so crazy that you used to work with my sister-in-law. They live in Maryland. I am so glad you taught me how to play the Grocery Game because I have heard about it and never knew how to play. I can't wait to try it! Happy shopping and good luck with Steven Tyler!
Megan

Victoria said...

okay girl we have to talk give it to me show me the way oh wise one. Holy freakin cow!!!!