Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Only in California.....




So I work as caregiver each day from 11-5 and in a very affluent neighborhood here is southern California. The other day I was walking up the steep driveway of the persons house whom I take care of to check the mail and there was a car parked at the top of it. (The house next door is completely unfinished, it's just the skeleton of the house basically, but it's HUGE! Three stories high, a spiral staircase, an unfinished infinity pool in the back and even though it's only half done it's on the market for 2 million.) So I just assumed the couple in the car who were parked there were probably waiting for the realtor to come by and show the house to them. The lady waved to me and I didn't really pay attention to the guy sitting next to her. Too bad, cuz today I found out that it was Steven Tyler with her and apparently it's the third time he has come by to look at the place. So who knows, maybe I will be seeing him and his remarkably massive mouth regularly. Maybe I'll even stop by to borrow a cup of sugar. 






On to other star sightings.... I was shopping at Trader Joes today and who else was standing in front of me in line, then........ the meanie doctor from Scrubs! It's only Matt and I's favorite show ever and we were crushed, devastated even when it was canceled, well maybe that's exaggerating a little, but we were disappointed.   I would dare to say the doctor was the character that really made the show, but don't tell Zach Braff that! Sadly I don't even know the doctor mans real name, but it was pretty funny how many people were looking at him.  Some woman even came up to him in line and asked if the green bananas he was buying turn yellow on time because hers just never seem to.  What?! Obviously she was trying to come up with something to have a conversation with him so she could blog about it later like I am. :) Even the checker dude brought up the show Scrubs and mumbled something about how he was nervous while he was scanning his items.  I almost started laughing. I'm not gonna lie though, the thought did cross my mind about trying to take a pic on my celly, at least of his leg or something. hahaha. Makes me wonder how hugely famous people like Brad Pitt ever get any shopping done with random strangers coming up to them and asking them silly questions about the color of the produce in their shopping cart. 

2 comments:

rachel garber said...

A) totally jealous you saw Dr. Cox at the store! I love him!! B) the show isn't cancelled yet. ABC may pick it up for one last season C) you have had much star seeing luck. I've only seen Leiv Schrieber in the Hong Kong airport looking all hot and mysterious. D) the zoo rocks - tell your husband he is sooooo wrong to believe otherwise. :)

Amy and Craig said...

That's so cool! George clooney filmed a film here....but I didn't see him. That's as close to famous people stories as I can get.. :>