Monday, June 21, 2010

First Father's Day

Sometime in May towards the first of the month I believe, I got Matt the best fathers day present ever. Approximately 24 hours later, he opened it. I just couldn't wait! I knew he was going to love it and therefore it would have been agony to wait a whole month and a half to give it to him. (I'm sure me asking him every 5 minutes if he wanted it yet probably didn't help.) I got him a new razor and shaving essentials. Doesn't sound too spectacular or original for that matter until you see what kind they were. They were from a store called The Art of Shaving. They also have a website here. He got these: 

Plus their sandalwood shaving oil, cream and after shave. I'm not sure who likes it more, him or I. I reap the benefits just as much since his face isn't prickling me every time we make out. (I wrote that just for you mom. hee hee.)

Maybe one day if he's a really good boy he'll get this stand 

Or not, since it's made of sterling silver and is $3,400. But don't worry it's on sale now for a mere price of $1,700 right now if you're interested. 

So yesterday he did not have any gifts to open, but he did have a breakfast in bed and then after church we went to the Huntington Library to explore. 


Checking out the Koi fish. 



Meandering through the forest. Just kidding, it's actually a photo Matt took of a bonsai plant. 


Marveling at all the flowers, trees, and gardens. 


Lunch break. 

 

And to conclude this father's day post I have to brag for a minute about what a great dad Matt is. Some of the many reasons he should make father of the year:

1) He changes poopy diapers. Now that should win an award right there.

2) He always knows when to take over "bed time" when I've just about had enough (we are in the midst of sleep training right now)

3) He can get Sawyer giggling like no one else can.

4) Did I mention he changes poopy diapers?!

5) He knows exactly when Sawyer's tummy hurts from gas and always has some trick up his sleeve on how to get his gas bubbles out. (Sawyer has got to be the gassiest baby around)

6) Has taken many a car ride late at night to get the little man to sleep even though he has to get  up early to work the next day.

7) Takes us on family outings on the weekend.

8) Should get some extra credit in the dad category for having every single one of his shirts spit up on when Sawyer was a newborn. 

Thanks for being such an incredible father Matt to our little soybee






1 comment:

Shalee said...

Happy first father's day! Firsts are always so fun to celebrate!