Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear Idaho,

Thank you for welcoming back a long lost native like myself over the weekend + my son Sawyer who has been dying to sink his two bottom teeth into a true Idaho potato. While I was a bit perturbed by your abundant rainfall the whole time we were there, we still had a very enjoyable week thanks to highlights and events such as:


Admiring precious metals attached to Uncle Bryson's teeth. 


Drinking more than our fair share of fry sauce since it sadly doesn't exist in California. 


Playing with relatives.



And playing with friends. 


Pounding out some melodious tunes. 



Watching the rain fall and fall and fall some more. 


And then basking in the lone ray of sunshine that broke through the layer of clouds for one beautiful split second. 



Playing keep away with Grandpa D.



Discovering the trick to telling great ghost stories. 



 Selecting a delicious beverage of choice that would make daddy at home very proud. 




Paying Goody's a visit and enjoying the world's best milkshakes. 



Being loved up by Grandma M. 24/7


Eating lots of food with lots of family.
 (and celebrating Bryson's graduation which will have a post dedicated solely to that)



Having more fun than should be allowed and becoming overly tired because of it. 



Followed by gloriously long naps in the middle of the day.


Thanks for showing us a great time land of the gems. We'll definitely be back only next time we'll be exploring Coeur D'alene. Until then, take care of your Appaloosa's, Mountain Bluebirds, wild huckleberries and of course all our family and friends that live within your borders. 

Forever an Idaho girl at heart, 

Kristen

4 comments:

AD said...

Hey! We have fry sauce!

Well... Target does anyways...

Naylor Family said...

I'm so jealous! It's pretty much been 2 years since i've been to that great state! I almost went this week, but then decided I'd go loony by the time I got there driving with all 3 kids by myself-not my idea of fun!

And, is that Makell Neal in your picture? What is she up to? And does she have 2 kids? I want to know details! Does she have a blog? So many questions! I haven't seen her since her reception!

The Nielsons said...

Yep, you can always count on fun with Idaho, your little one, and grandparents!

Shalee said...

Looks like you had such a fun time! It was so fun seeing you and meeting sawyer at the graduation! I think I had more fun visiting with you than I would have had sitting in the crowd clapping every five seconds! It was really nice seeing you!