Monday, March 15, 2010

Goody Gum Drops



Gone are the days of Sawyer being cuddly with me and letting me snuggle him like a stuffed animal. He's getting to be too much of a big independent boy and the last place he wants to be is in my arms.....unless of course he's really exhausted like he was this morning. I should have let him cry in his crib 'til he fell asleep, but instead I gathered him and his blankies up and held him until he started snoring. (Yep, he's a snorer. I won't tell you who he gets that trait from. Take a wild guess, and if you guessed me, try again!)  So what if I had a million other things I needed to be doing today like laundry, homework, and making the bed. If the times of getting to hold him like a baby are getting to be numbered I'll take what I can get even if it means my only chance is when he's sound asleep. Reminds me of my mom's favorite children's book called Love You Forever. If you've never read it, you need to. It's better to read it while seeing the illustrations, but click here you can read the story.

Hold onto your tissue after reading that story, because you'll need it for this too....
for a little background on how the author, Robert Munsch, came up with the idea for the story click on his name.

1 comment:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

He looks so chubbly and cuddly. Glad you have your priorities straight!