Wednesday, July 29, 2009

???

What are those you ask? Those two unsightly things would be cankles. Cankles: noun. The point at which the calf and ankle have joined forces and it cannot be determined where one ends and the other begins. Thanks to these lovelies we opted not to go to Disneyland on my birthday since it was going to be in the upper 90's and standing on my feet all day no longer sounded glorious (even if it was to see Mickey). Instead we spent the day with Ben, Chantal, and my madre in Santa Barbara where the weather was perfect and we got to hit up the beach. Pictures soon to follow and a much needed blog update.....that is if I don't get sausage fingers in the mean time.

Disclaimer: So no one gets the wrong idea, I'm not complaining about being pregnant. I do thoroughly enjoy the miraculous process, but figure you have to laugh at all the crazy things that are happening to your body! And there are definitely some bizarre things that take place, but this isn't an anatomy 101 so I'll spare you the details on some of the other unpleasantries :)

4 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

you have the right to complain all you want about your prego-ness. I believe pregnant women have all the rights they want. sorry about the cankles, though. I never had those! The only time I swelled up bad was at the hospital after the six trillion ivs and bags of fluid. I woke up in the middle of the night after I'd had ike and felt super claustrophobic. My fingers had swelled waaaay bad and my rings were nearly squeezing them off. I couldn't pull them off for two days. so- if your rings still fit at the end of your pregnancy- make sure you take them off at the hospital before the ivs!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Put those feet up! Have Moxie wait on you and bring you cool drinks. Thanks for sparing us the other unpleasantries - I have a good memory and also a good imagination.

Victoria said...

Maybe I mentioned this before, but don't be surprised if while in the hospital after baby is born, the swelling gets much worse. I had tree trunk legs when I left. I didn't even fit in the clothes I wore to the hospital. I had to wear a nightgown home. The horror! The doctors and nurses assured me it was normal. Funny how no one bothered to mention that to me beforehand! The swelling went down after a week. Hopefully this time 'round will be better...

Lauryl said...

So, I haven't had the swelling ankles yet, but I did find my first vericose vein the other day. Ahhhh! Good luck and keep those updates coming.