Friday, July 10, 2009

Bizarro


Some of the many strange dreams I've had recently:

  • Last night I dreamt that the baby decided to come out for a surprise visit. All of a sudden I was holding him and he was only half baked. One side of him was normal, but the other half was missing an arm and an eye and hadn't been fully formed yet. He could talk though and informed me he didn't like the name we've chosen for him! In my dream I went and woke Matt up and told him he had to take me to the hospital so they could put the baby back in me since he wasn't fully cooked yet.
  • Dreamt I was breast feeding and chocolate milk was coming out. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for a kid a suppose! I do remember I ate a lot of chocolate that particular day.
  • In another my water breaks and a girl I used to work with tells me I'm fully dilated and going to have a baby. I'm upset in my dream because I know he's not supposed to come out for another 3 months, but I'm even more upset that I don't have my bag packed to go the hospital!
  • I've had "husband nightmares" too where Matt does things that would be totally out of character for him. In one dream I went on a trip and when I came home Matt had gotten 4 tattoos while I'd been away! I was so mad that I went and got a big skull tattoo on my belly. what?! In another one he was dating my cousin and didn't think anything was wrong with that. Both times I woke up and was angry with him and the poor guy in reality hadn't even done anything!
  • In some I've reverted back to my high school days only I'm going to all my classes pregnant and am shocked because I thought for sure I'd already graduated! Now that's a real nightmare!
I've always had vivid dreams, but so far these ones are getting more and more strange as the weeks go by. I know supposedly in REM cycles the moment you dream is usually in the few minutes right before you wake up and since I'm waking up 7-8 times a night to use the bathroom that could definitely explain the increasing number! Matt gets to start his day off by hearing what weird happenings were going on in my head all night, I'm sure he thinks his wife is crazy! But then again, he was already aware of that.

6 comments:

theRach said...

Kristen, you crack me up. You've always had such a vivid imagination, but these dreams have to be some of the funniest I've heard! I'm glad that they're not real -- although the chocolate milk thing would be kind of cool for baby K-prow....

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

I always have "colorful" dreams, too. It would be a LOT worse if you dreamed Matt was nice and in real life he was a tattooed cousin- dater. What name did the underdone baby want?

Karen said...

Those are some really strange dreams! I hardly ever remember my dreams, but I remember having one bizarre dream when I was pregnant with Ethan. It was one where I got up and was getting ready to go to work in the bathroom, and I looked down at my belly and it was smaller and I thought it was weird, and then I looked in the corner of the bathroom through the mirror and the baby's head had dropped off!!! Yep, just the head was on the floor. I woke up screaming and crying -- I'm so glad I didn't remember any dreams like that with Evie. :)
How are you feeling these days?

Kent and Leisy said...

very exciting dreams!! does this mean you are going to pick out a new name? and which cousin was matt dating!??

Victoria said...

Pregnancy dreams are so entertaining :).

Davis and Laura said...

Weird! I've only had a few of those vivid dreams (I haven't had all those typical prego symptoms people talk about...don't know why?) but one of the weirdest was that I dreamt the baby was birthed (is that a word?) through my belly button. So strange. :) Glad you are doing well, hang in there!