Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Favorite Dawgs

With Molly growing up. We had to get rid of her due to allergies though. She made her debut on Pets on Parade on TV and ended up in a good home. 

Second dog growing up was Libby. Here is her glamour shot sporting some extension hair pieces I had. 

Poor Liberty Bell is getting old. Hopefully  she has a couple more years in her. 

Ben and Chantal's beagle Max was a little sweetheart. We got to see him at Thanksgiving and then a few weeks later he died from being sick. Poor little Maximus. He was a good dog. 


Aunt Rosie and Uncle Steve's dog Baseball. She has the best personality you can't help but fall in love with her. She is blind in both eyes, but her mom and dad help her get around. 

Buster the chihuahua whose owner was the man I used to take care of. Technically he is Buster the 3rd, because there were two Busters before him, but that was only name his owner could remember. Buster loved to snuggle more then any dog I've ever seen! He was in heaven on your lap. 


Moxie taking it easy on the couch the she just had mastered how to jump up on. 

I found this poem and it couldn't say it any better what life has been life with a puppy the last few months. I can't even imagine what caring for kids must be like. We get up at the crack of dawn to take Ms. Moxie out when she starts groaning and grunting in her crate insisting it's time for us to get out of bed, our daily conversations now seem to start with how many poops she had that day, we have to put up with her sbd's (silent but deadly) while we are watching tv and trust me they can make your eyes water!, and her little puppy teeth are more like little shredders. You name it she'll put it in her mouth and chew it to shreds. A lady told Matt that's why God made puppies so stinkin cute so that you don't kill them when chew up all your stuff. How true.


This morning, I woke up & kissed my dad's head.
I peed on the carpet, then went back to bed.
"The life of a puppy, oh my, this is great."
Then I thought about breakfast," I hope it's not late."
Mom took me outside, we walked for a while.
This never fails to make Mama smile.
I sniffed of everything, that we did pass,
I ate something weird - it gave me gas.

I'm sure God loves me, I know that is true.
He gave me so many great things to chew.
Rugs, plants or rocks, I really don't care.
What I truly like best, is Dad's underwear.

I made streamers of T. P., while running at full speed.
Mom is pretty quick -- but I was still in the lead.
I flew under the bed, and Mom flew past,
She stopped-shook her head, and breathed,
"You're too fast."

Mama later phoned Daddy, and said, "It was frightening!"
That afternoon, she was sure I'd pooped lightning.
She'd sat at the computer, while I chewed the cord,
She thought I was mad, but I was just bored.

When Mama had enough, couldn't take anymore,
That's when my tushy got shoved out the door.
I love it inside, but outside is best.
Lay in the cool grass, and had a good rest.

That didn't last long, there was too much to do--
Can't quite remember where I hid Daddy's shoe.
I found an old bone, and scratched at a flea,
I watched the dumb squirrels as they jumped in a tree.

I barked at the kids, when they got off the bus.
I can't figure out why this makes Mama fuss.
I barked at the neighbor, I barked at the wind.
I barked and barked, till Mom yelled, "COME IN."
-Author unkown

8 comments:

HowellAZ said...

I love puppies! We heard some cats getting in to our backyard today and were sad we couldn't call Maximus outside to chase 'em away! I love that you included a picture of him (a most flattering angle) in your puppy list! Moxie is so dang cute!!!

Sven & Trin said...

This poem is too funny, thanks for sharing.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

The stinky critters! Either you are a dog person or you're not. I don't think I have dad converted - he is "dog tolerant" even though Libby adores him without reservation. I think you should write your own dog poem.

Steve and Hailey said...

I love the first picture. That's the good ole cousin Kristen. For some reason it makes me think of going to Trafalga with you, the twinners and Rachel Jaynes. I always feel grateful that we got to see each other at least once a year.

Unknown said...

THat's SO CUTE :)
if you are talking about spokane to sandpoint it is august 14-15 and you should TOTALLY do it. the one with the roller coaster. it's pretty legit. :)

Emily said...

We just got our first dog and I totally can relate to that poem. Still, I can't help but love her when I walk in the door after slipping out to get the mail and she welcomes me like I had been gone a week. Congrats on your new addition!

kimberly said...

Hey Marie!! Ok it's driving me crazy, what did I used to think Libby's name was? I love all your puppy pics, especially of you when you were little. It has been forever since we've talked. Seems like the Holidays do that, and then it takes like a month to recover from the Holidays! Anywho we need to catch up for sure!

The Nielsons said...

Hey Kristen!
I don't think I've commented on your blog since you've found mine-sorry but I hope to do better :) I just thought it was crazy that you have a dog named Liberty Bell because it's an unusual dog name but that is our dog's name too! We usually call her Libby but of course Liberty when she's in trouble. Anyway, great blog and look forward to more updates!