Thursday, January 1, 2009

My talented Madre

This year on my side of the family we drew names instead of buying Christmas presents for everyone individually. Matt and I got to buy gifts for Ben and Chantal and my parents got Matt and I. After spending Christmas Eve with Matt's parents and his brother Greg eating deeeliscious food and playing Bingo to win even more deeeliscious goodies, we came home to open our presents under our tree that had been taunting me to open them since they came in the mail. I was under strict orders not to open them until Christmas day, which technically it was since it was after midnight when we got home.  So I commenced the opening of gifts with fervor!





Right now it sits on our couch and has been used numerous times already since it's been in the 50's. That's f-f-f-f-freezing here in southern california! I'm thinking of having Moxie sleep on our bed for a few nights and maybe she and her razor sharp puppy teeth will chew a hole in our perfectly good brown comforter so then I have a reason to get rid of that one and then the quilt can take residence on our bed, but until then we will enjoy snuggling in it in the living room. Thanks mom and dad for the awesome handmade gift! 

No comments: