Thursday, January 1, 2009

Introducing.....

My amazingly talented running partner. She is so handy and very useful on my treks. You see, these are all the nice things she does for me....she counts how many calories I'm burning, tracks my distance and maps out where I've ran, tells me my heart rate and beeps when it is too high or too low, and lets me know my average pace. We've been out running together 3x so far since she came into my life Christmas morning and I am happy to say that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.  Half marathon here I come! And also to keep me motivated and to motivate other runners out there read this incredible story about a guy who has been running EVERY DAY for 30 years! There's a  club you can join called United States Running Streak Association that you qualify for if you run at least 1 mile every day for a year. You can check it out here.  I'm tempted to give it a shot. Who's with me???

P.S. My incredible running buddy can be found at Costco for $150. It's normally sold at other places for between $200 and $300. I call her Carmen the Garmin since we've become so close, but her full name is the Garmin Forerunner 305. 

P.P.S. Another cool weight loss and fitness tool is at My Fitness Pal which is a free on-line website where you can keep track of your exercise, food intake and measurements. It's pretty cool and did I mention it's FREEEEEEEE?!


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


4 comments:

Victoria said...

That's awesome. I don't think I'll be able to run a mile everyday because my schedule doesn't allow it :(. I'll have to check that free website out :).

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Was it so cold that Matt's hair froze off?? Or did he like Dave's haircut and want the same? Glad you like your running friend. We will check out the site where you enter in your info. Congrats on the 14 lbs!!! WOW, your mom must really love you guys to make such a nice warm blankie.

Sven & Trin said...

I'm with you! I have to start slow, I am only up to 5 miles now, but I'm really looking forward to an eventual half marathon. Keep me posted on how you're doing, maybe we can encourage each other.

J. Benson said...

Thank for sharing the website with us. I've been using it and I love it too. I know if I want to eat more I just have to go jog more. :) While I'm still working on losing weight, I have lost body fat, which is a major improvement.
Thanks for sharing!