Sunday, June 15, 2008

To my Pop


There once was a man named Dave
All he wanted was to live in a cave
The rest of his life just to camp and hike,
And of course everyday ride his motor bike.
He thought the mountain man life was for he,
Until he fell in love with Michelle Marie
Next thing you know he was on bended knee
And now all of us kids would have to agree
We are glad he embarked on the family frontier
Or all four of his children would not be here!

My dad still likes to ride his dirt bike
Even took me when I was just a little tyke
I'd ride up front as we would tear up the trails
He showed me that motorcycling isn't just for males.
My dad always likes to have fun outdoors
(But we had to make sure we had done our chores)
Then the whole family would take off for the day
To snowmobile, hike, or just go out and play. 

He taught all of his kids to work hard
And to not rely on a credit card!
His two girls he showed how to take care of a car
How to change a tire has helped me a lot thus far.
My dad's the friendliest guy you'll ever meet
There's not one person he wouldn't greet.
He can light up a room and carry a conversation
Which has helped him a lot in his occupation. 
For his work he gets to travel a lot overseas,
I don't know how he has time to catch any Z's. 

So Dad, Pere, Pop, Papa, or Padre
In any language or name there is to say
I hope you have the best Fathers DAY!











5 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

This is so clever. I just loved reading it.

Steve and Hailey said...

You are so clever Kristen. I loved reading it.

Kent and Leisy said...

super cool poem.

taylor and laney said...

you kristen are amazing. I hope your dad enjoyed the poem as much as we all did.

Chris Howell said...

I couldn't agree more. Your dad is not only my brother, but my best friend...we've been through a lot together and apart, but we've never been at odds.

Chris