Monday, January 9, 2017

More Winter Happenings

December we met Grandma for lunch at Corner Bakery, at least I think that was in December. Either way, it's a cute photo that has yet to be blogged so we will pretend it was! 


We broke out all of the mittens, gloves, snow pants, snow boots, and beanies. This girl likes to mix things up each day by wearing a different beanie, sometimes its a panda bear kind of day, other days its a kitten, or even a Boston terrier. 


We discovered that Costco sells Nutella by the bucket, at least that's how big the jars seem. We have quite a few Nutella mustache mornings around here. 



So what didn't happen in December, but will be captured on here like it was, is setting up out Christmas Tree. I may have set it up a week (or two) before Thanksgiving. I like to set it up early and take it down the day right after Christmas so the New Year is started fresh without all things Christmas still loitering around the house. 

We only had one ornament and one snow globe casualty this season, which I think isn't too bad considering we have tile floors throughout the majority of our bottom floor. 



Halfway there with the tree. 


Playing with the Little People Nativity set my parents got all of the grandkids a few years ago. 




Since most of our photos of the kids together they are hugging, holding hands or standing close my hope is that I will look back and see how adorable they are and have forgotten ALL the teasing that took place on a daily basis and the screaming, whining, crying that went along with it. 



After Christmas we went sledding with my parents and my nieces and nephew (Alex, Ellie and Delaney) at Kleiner Park in Meridian. We were only there for maybe an hour, but it was the perfect hour of sunshine and was so much fun! 












Cousins Ellie, Scout, and Delaney looking out Grandma and Grandpa's window at all the snow. This year has been a record-breaking year with the amount snow we have accumulated. Sawyer had his fifth, yes fifth snow day today.  I didn't have to work yesterday or today so it was fine that he was home, but last week I worked Wed, Thurs, Fri night and had to sleep during the day and not only was he out of school, but Scout's daycare was closed due to snow as well! Yikes! Thankfully Matt was able to take those days off of work and it just felt like an extension of Christmas break. 


Holding my little sister's baby Nathan when he was a mere few hours old, and then Scout holding him yesterday now that he is 2 months old. She wasn't quite sure what to make of him. Any time I held my nephew Tate or my nephew Nathan over Christmas break and Scout noticed she would come up saying "NO! I'm YOUR mommy!" "Hold you me, I'm YOUR mommy!". She was very consistent in protesting any time I snuck in holding a baby, it was pretty funny. 



You can see her protesting here as I held baby Tate who she did, and still does, refer to as baby "Tape".  








Sleepy girl. She is a wild thing so it's no wonder we have so many photos of her sleeping at home and in the car. It's one of the only times she sits still. 






No comments: