Sunday, February 19, 2017

Snowpocalpyse


This is old news by now, but I have yet to record it so here's a recap of our snowpocalypse. We had more snow here in the Treasure Valley then we have had in over 30 years, which explains why I never remember having this much snow growing up! I think my whole school career I maybe had three snow days all together; one in elementary school, one in middle school and one in high school. I reminded Sawyer of that each day that he had yet another snow day, which totaled to be six in one month! SIX! That many days off was quite the juggling act with both of us working (i.e.: me sleeping after working) while trying to prevent Sawyer from just watching tv all day sitting at home.




Matt did all the snow shoveling, and I think he secretly enjoyed it. There was one week however in January that he was gone to California for work so I had to shovel and wow, that was a workout my arms were not used to! 


I'm pretty sure these photos were taken Christmas Eve morning when I got home from work. It had snowed a ton and was still going strong so we bundled up the kids, shoveled the driveway together, went for a walk around the block in the falling snow, and then on a whim decided to chance the roads and drive to a coffee shop nearby for breakfast that had a kids play area in it. It was a super fun wintery morning!






Doing her very best to shovel with her tiny sand shovel. 



The heaps of snow on the side of our driveway seemed so high at the time, but in another week they had doubled in size!







Here we are trekking through the freshly fallen snow before 8 am! It was so quiet I kept having to remind the kids to use their inside voices, even though we were outside, because their voices sounded SO loud bouncing off the blanket of snow! They kept falling down because the snow was so deep and laughing so I thought for sure the whole neighborhood was going to be woken up. 




Snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes...


Nice and cozy in the house watching the snow fall outside...for the umpteenth time. 




And playing in it again because that never got old. Just kidding. It got real old. 



Especially when it was as deep as Sawyer's knees and up to Scout's waist! 




The sand toys got plenty of play time this winter doubling as snow toys!


It was definitely a memorable winter!





This video was one of the mornings that Matt was gone to California and I had no idea it was snowing until we were headed out the door for school! 


This last year we upgraded from our Queen bed to a King bed so mornings relaxing in bed with the kids could be more comfortable. Although relaxing is probably not the correct term when their little bodies are climbing and crawling and tumbling and doing all sorts of gymnastics in bed with us around 6 AM while we try to snooze a little longer. I actually really do love that our mornings are a family affair because it's fun to snuggle the kids while they still let me. I know those days are numbered especially with Sawyer! While Matt was gone on his trip I had the kids sleep with me all four nights and they (and me too) loved having a sleepover! Here they are saying good night to Matt. 





No comments: