Sunday, October 13, 2013

Half Way

Here is my 19.5 week belly in all it's glory. I've been feeling the baby kick a lot lately, but Matt and Sawyer have yet to feel it from the outside. 


And just for comparison I went back to our blog in 2009 and pulled this photo up, which was my first belly shot of Sawyer when I was approximately 21 weeks. 


One more week until we find out the gender! I can't wait since I'm dying to do some spring  fall cleaning and would like to know whether to keep or give away some of this little boy's things from when he was a baby. 


Speaking of the little boy, I haven't been very good about documenting all the funny things his four year old self has been doing. I finally figured out how he says "Really" which he says often. He says it exactly like "Whirly" for example: "Mom, I whirly want a waffle for breakfast" or "I whirly like riding my bike", both of which are true statements. 

He has always been good about playing by himself which has been nice for us, but now he is more vocal about what he is playing so we get to be in on it even from another room. His imagination is going wild and he does all sorts of animated voices which are hilarious to hear. He also has been wanting mom, dad, grandma or grandpa to play zombie or bad guys with him, the first of which involves chasing him around with your arms outstretched saying "Braaaaains" or chasing him around with a gun and pretending to shoot each other. I usually tell him that daddy is better at playing those games than mommy :) 

He still wants to be picked up by me a lot, which I just can't do anymore. I will however give him 'piggy' rides so he likes to climb on my back like a monkey and be carried upstairs that way or whenever his legs are tired like in the photo below on a hike with friends. 


He is really into riding his bike around the block which is good for me to be able to go on a walk. We went this morning and it was definitely a mitten kind of day already! Our nieghborhood has been booming with new construction so it's fun to go around to see what houses are being built and walk through them. 




We ventured out to the field by our house this past week to look at the trains, which is the first time we have been down there since last fall! We usually go for walks in the field quite a bit in the summer, but this past summer I barely made it out of the house on a good day let alone on a walk down to the field. Poor Sawyer, didn't get much of a summer and neither did Matt for that matter. Hopefully we will make up for it next year! Only with a new baby in tow. 




Sawyer wanted to snap a photo of me with my phone and actually did pretty good considering my head is in this one. 


 This balloon on his bike is still going strong. He has had it since before his birthday, so almost two weeks and it is barely starting to droop. It's going to be a sad day when the balloon bites the dust since it has been his trusty bike companion since he got it. 




 Yesterday we went to the Farmstead in Meridian with Matt's Aunt Rosie and Uncle Steve who moved here this summer. We haven't been to the Farmstead since my younger brother Bryson worked there before he went on his mission two years ago.  Coincidentally he comes back in a little over a week from now! I remember thinking when he left that when he got back I would only have one semester left of nursing school and Sawyer would be four years old. That sounded like such a long ways out at the time, but now we are already there! 


And just because it's super gross, here is a house by Rosie and Steve's that geared their Halloween decorations this year towards arachnophobics. Um, yes that would be me. Look at the mommy spider with all her nasty babies trailing behind her....ugh makes me feel all creeped out just looking at it. 




2 comments:

Rhonda Marie said...

You look soooo cute! I love that baby bump and can't wait to find out if we get to say he or she! We need to meet up for some Fall walks together, the boys need to play together (but please don't have Sawyer teach Landon the zombie game...that's the last thing I want to be doing is running around saying "brains" :)

Unknown said...

You are gorgeous! I'm excited for you to find out...it would wonderful to have one of each but as long as it is a healthy little one it would be wonderful. I pray all is continuing to go well and I'm so supper excited for you and your family! Let me know the sex when you get it; I need your address too!