Sunday, July 3, 2011

Snooze Button Please


I'm in a rut. A rut called I can't wake up. I'm completely and utterly exhausted lately. If the duty of motherhood at 7 am wasn't calling I would probably stay in bed until noon just like this. 


Because this is exactly how I feel throughout the day. An ice cold bucket of water should be handy at all times for someone to dump on me just to wake me out of my stupor. 



Car rides are even worse. I've always been a narcoleptic as a passenger, but the other day on my way to school WHILE driving I almost fell asleep! I'm not even kidding when I say I had to resort to slapping my face just to snap out of it and get to school safely. But not before I stopped at Chevron to get a 5hour energy shot since there was no way I was gonna make it through class without my head hitting the desk if I didn't have some help. 



 It's not like it's a mystery to me why I've been feeling so 'blah' lately. I know exactly why and the two main reasons are that I've been doing a lot of this:

  
and this,


And none of a thing commonly referred to as exercising. Not even a smidgen. Not even a run around the block. And the scary part is that I have a 10k to run THIS coming Saturday. Yea, it's not going to be pretty. How did I go from running a marathon a mere 10 months ago, to this lazy state of half awakeness I'm now in?? I've got to get my mojo back! I'm certain once I do I will actually feel like a person again.



 And yes I do realize that it is almost midnight and for someone complaining of lacking zzzz's I should be collecting them right now, but after staying up late finishing homework I figured what's another ten minutes of staying up to bloggity blog. 

No comments: