Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Going on 15+ years


What's the longest relationship I've ever had? That would be my friendship with these girls: Melissa Smith, Kim Cook, Corinne Vause, Jennifer and Jessica Roundy. We all met when we were around 11-ish years old and in middle school.  We survived together the awkward years of braces, acne, curled bangs and gel scrunched hair.  Last weekend we were all going to be in the same town at the same time so we decided to have a mini reunion! Unfortunately Kim and Corinne couldn't make it, but there will definitely be a next time!


We had reservations at the restaurant The Reef downtown. I hadn't been a part of the nightlife downtown in years, at least not since I was 16 and would ride around "the cruise" when that was the cool thing to do. It has changed a lot since then and has so many more places to go than it used to. 



I wore my half of the Winnie the Pooh friendship necklace I had given Melissa for her birthday almost fifteen years ago, just to see if she would notice.  I also brought along an old photo album so we could peruse all the photos of our years together back in the day. What can I say, I'm a sucker for reminiscing.   


Before I left home I told Matt I was clocking out as a mom; however, then I reassured him that I was not clocking out as a wife. :) It was an awesome night full of laughs with great friends and just what I needed to come back home refreshed and ready to resume my role as mom again. 

4 comments:

rachel garber said...

Out of everybody I know, you are easily the best at getting together with old friends - and I think it's because you are so darn social! Love it!

Kristen said...

Rachel,tThat's so funny that you say that because I feel like I am the absolute worst at getting together and would say YOU are the social one! Too be honest I get kind of stressed when it comes to see old friends, but then once I do I have so much fun I wonder why I was worried in the first place! But thanks for the compliment :)

HowellAZ said...

Fun times - I enjoy getting together with 'old' friends. So often it's like hardly any time has passed since we last saw each other.

Kent and Leisy said...

nothing better than 'clocking out' for a few hours :) I love girls nights out.