Sunday, October 3, 2010

He's Not a Baby Anymore!

He's a one year old!


Otherwise known as Captain Sawyer. 



I'm always amazed at what cool stuff the dollar store has to offer and once again they didn't let me down when I was in search of birthday paraphenelia. I found pirate plates, cups, and party favors all at the Dollar Tree and had a lot of fun finding things to put in the little favor boxes. I wouldn't be a true pirate party without chocolate gold coins!


Yesterday Melissa and Rosie came over and we baked Sawyer a ginormous cupcake and then a bunch of smaller versions for everyone else to enjoy. I say "we", but it was really Melissa who did all the baking and measuring and mixing and Rosie and I participated in the fun part of frosting and sprinkling
The cupcakes were pumpkin and red velvet with cream cheese frosting.





Sawyer gave the frosting two thumbs up. 


And after a lick taste test decided to dig right in. 


His taste buds and tummy really liked the frosting. 



But his eyes did not. 


After the frosting was wiped out of his eyeballs, it was time to open presents. He got a lot of swag! A pirate ship from his mom and dad, a felt pirate ship bag from his Nana, a toolbox, a helicopter pull toy, stacking toys, books, clothes! If we didn't have pictures of him with each thing I'd say we should stash some of it to give to him again at Christmas ;) We had to clean out his toy box tonight just to make room for his new ones. 


He also got his first tat.


And so did Rosie. 
They decided to get inked with the same design. 


After opening presents we started cleaning up and everyone who came was so nice to help out! The kids all helped by taking the balloons home. 


Or by setting them free and then crying when they didn't come back. Sadly, I'm pretty sure that happened to every kid who had a balloon!


Thanks everyone who helped by bringing food and everyone who came and helped eat it! 

We really enjoyed celebrating with friends and family that all 3 of us made it out of the infant and baby stage alive.

Bring on the toddler fun!








5 comments:

Shalee said...

I can't believe he's one already! It seems like it was just yesterday we discovered our due dates were close! The party was so super cute! Looks like Sawyer had a good time too!

Davis and Laura said...

Love it. Man, he is just a goof!!! :) Happy Birthday, can't believe its been a year!

rachel garber said...

He's so darn cute. I can't say that enough!

You and your sticky fingers would be welcomed any time! I had a washer/dryer before but they weren't full-sized like now. And they sat in the hallway closet, so to have them off to the side is lovely. I also had ceiling fans before (a MUST in AZ) but my ceilings were cathedral and slanted and so the fans rocked sometimes and drove me bonkers. But yes, it is lighter and brighter and an upgrade for sure. Kinda can't wait to show Boy :)

endlessglowbyjessica said...

I love this kid so much! And, I haven't even met him! He just looks like so much fun. :) And what a fun party theme... and a good deal too! Love it. So, I read the article, I think she's just skinny and ate a burger and had a pooch. BUT, I'm a sucker for reality tv and I think the Dr. Drew reunion is on next week and they will talk about it I'm sure. I will keep you posted. I am with you, though, hoping it is a rumor. OK insisted she is, but we'll see. My question is, with who? Her baby daddy died and she cries every episode about how she just won't love again. I'm like just focus on Sophia and stop leaving her on the counter all by herself! Oh man... good times. Glad Sawyer had a great birthday! :)

HowellAZ said...

Cap'n Sawyer - hope it was a great b-day celebration! Kristen, you did a fantastic job of planning a pirate party. And I love your idea of having the party participants sign a page for Sawyer's baby book. LOVE IT!