Friday, October 8, 2010

Recap

First here is a photo of us that was taken at Tutti Frutti frozen yogurt for their Facebook page. Yep, we are pretty much famous. 




Is this his first day of preschool get up?


Not quite. Just his new cute giraffe leash  backpack. Okay, you caught me. It really is a leash. 


We all went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory last weekend at the Americana. It's tradition to take our photo in front of the fountain when we are there. And yes, I am wearing the same exact outfit I had on in a recent post, hat and all. So sue me. Or buy me some new clothes :) I'd appreciate the latter.



Last Friday was the day Rosie and Melissa came over to help make birthday cupcakes. Some of us were playing while others were working. I won't mention any names.
 (Rosie and Sawyer)


 Melissa did a fabulous job whipping up all the treats, but she may have been having too much fun playing with the ingredients. 


Saturday was Sawyer's birthday celebration and then later that night after he went to bed all tuckered out, the rest of us went to the batting cages.  



Rosie had to show me how to hold a bat correctly. Did it help? Sadly, no. I swung and swung and swung and my bat made contact with the ball maybe 3 or 4 times. Out of 30. But there's no crying in baseball, so moving on....



Even if I can't hit a ball to save my life, I can still rock the baseball helmet and pretend.



The rest of the this week has been spent searching for things to do. Matt's grandma's kitchen floor is being redone and this week was the demolition of the old one. Rather than be amidst the noise and dust we've stayed out all day. As in all day. We dropped Matt off to work at 8 and then tried to find things to do in between then and 4 pm when we would go and pick him back up. So far we've done lots of playing at the park, eating frozen yogurt, walking around the mall wishing we could buy things that we can't afford, going for walks, taking naps in the car, and when we're done doing all that and it's only noon we do it all over again. 








And of course taking photos always helps pass the time, hence the last 6 all taken at the same park. 

We just got back tonight from my last meeting with my TNT team mates and coaches that I've been training with the last 5 months for my marathon. The race is next weekend. Next weekend!!!!! No, I am not freaking out. Okay, maybe just a little. 

So that's our week recap. Hopefully I'll have more time to update again before we leave next Friday for San Francisco. 
Au revoir. 

3 comments:

Victoria said...

If you need to be out this week again and need a place to hang out, let me know! You are more than welcome to play over here :).

Shalee said...

You've been busy! Love all of the pictures though! Thank goodness for the park! Not only is great when you have to be out of your house but also when your kid is being a pain all day...you need a happy kid and you both need out of the house!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Are you sure Sawyer is in the tent? looks like Rosie is the only one playing while there is work to be done...