Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just Curious

Matt and I are beginning to wonder how a little guy who is just over 8 lbs can have more gas then a room full of grown men combined. This is after a long night of taking turns patting his back, rocking him, and massaging his tummy trying to get all his gas bubbles to exit out of one end or the other. I had no idea either how such a small person could have such LOUD bodily functions. If I'm ever out in public with him during one of his gassy episodes I'm gonna have to point a finger at my baby so people don't think I'm the one just letting them rip. I made a massive pot of soup before he arrived so I could freeze it and have something easy and healthy to heat up and eat in the first few weeks. I ate some of this soup the day before this terrible night. Did I mention that it was chock full of cabbage? Yeah, the following day we threw all the frozen soup away. I'm also going on a no broccoli, no caffeine, no dairy diet which combined with my already no wheat diet I'm hoping will help cure his tummy discomfort. Looks like I'll be having a tall glass of tasty water for lunch.

7 comments:

Tami said...

Oh, Bailee was just like that! I swear she lived on gripe water. Watch onions and chocolate too, they can cause those little gassy tummy aches too.

Kent and Leisy said...

poor little gassy dude. are you sure it isn't matt?

Kent and Leisy said...

oh- and how far are you guys from san mateo? I have two free passes to the big zoo/museum "coyote point" and I think it's in san mateo. Could you guys use them? They are good until september of 2010 or something. let me know and I'll send them your way!

Victoria said...

Oh my word your little one is super cute. I love newborns they are sooooo sweet. Goodluck with everything it is a wonderful journey enjoy every moment even the bad ones they too make you stronger.Children are wonderful!!!
Lots of love.
-Victoria

Naylor Family said...

Trying to figure out all those little things can be so tricky. I typically have to stay away from tomato sauces(pizza, spagetti, etc.), chocolate, and citrus! Once they get a little older they usually aren't as sensitive. Good luck. If you haven't tried already, try some Mylicon, it helps the gas. Poor little guy, it's so sad when you can't sooth them. Good Luck!

Victoria said...

Have you tried Mylicon? It helps a lot with babies who are gassy and uncomfortable.

Davis and Laura said...

Marshall is and was the same way. If you pump his legs up to his chest that helps a ton! There is also gas relief drops which are heaven sent because his gas will sometimes wake him up at night and those really help! I guess boys will be boys...