Friday, September 25, 2009

Oh Dear

So after our Dr. appointment today we found out baby Kprow will be convinced to make an appearance on his due date of Monday October 5th by induction if he doesn't decide to come sooner. That's exactly a week and two days away! Our doctor has consistently mentioned at each appointment that he has grown a lot, but today's words when he was feeling for his head on my lower abdomen was "this baby is huge!" Um, when referring to the size of our kid's head that will be exiting out of my girly parts the word huge is not really an adjective you want to hear. Might as well said he had a head the size of a watermelon. Well, I will say I hope the rest of his body is proportionate, I'd hate for him to not be able to hold his heavy bowling ball head up by the time he's walking.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, that's soon! If his head is really the size of a watermelon, just remember the one episode of "The Office" when Dwight "delivers" a watermelon for Michael. And if you don't watch "The Office," just know it was dang funny! Good luck!

The Walkers said...

Oh dear is right! :) Way to keep that little boy healthy - we'd rather have that right? I feel for ya - I'm sure you will do a phenomenal job! At least you know for sure now that you'll have a baby no later than your due date. Good luck! Hope to hear the good news soon!

Lauryl said...

I hope his watermelon head is moldable. I'm excited for you and I'm sure all will go well. Hopefully he decides to make his appearance sooner rather than later.

Victoria said...

I was induced with Samantha. It was kind of nice to have an "appointment" to give birth :). No worries about not knowing whether I was in labor or not or having my water break in public. And if your kid is as huge as your doctor thinks, an epidural is delightful :).

Naylor Family said...

Wow! My words of simpathy! Good Luck pushing that little boy out! When I had Tyson-he was 9 lbs 1.5 ozs. The Dr. pulled him out and the first words out of his mouth were "WHOA, WHAT A CHUNK!" At least it was a c-section! Good Luck! Can't wait to see pics!

Steve and Hailey said...

I saw pictures on your mom's facebook! Hooray! I want to hold him. Congrats to you and Matt! Man, I'm so excited for you---for the great parts of being a mom and you're so good at laughing at the poopy parts of life, so you'll be tremendous.