Monday, September 14, 2009

New

We've had lots of newness going on in the past 2 weeks. First of all my last day at work was September 5. It was bittersweet. I had ants in my pants for months looking forward to my last day and then before I knew it, it had arrived out of nowhere! That last week though our medical assistant was on vacation so I had her job of working up all the patients before they saw the doctor. It was a lot of work since I was on my feet more than usual, but it made the week fly by and every night I slept like a baby from being so exhausted!

The following weekend since it was a 3 day-er we spent the whole time moving from our apartment to Matt's grandma's house. His Gma Faye let us move in with her for a year so I can stay home with the little man and we can save up moola to buy a place of our own. I'm super incredibly grateful that she's allowing the 2 (soon to be 3) of us plus our dog Moxie, to descend upon her home. It means a lot to both Matt and I that I can stay home with the baby for at least the first year and then I can still go to night school.
This is our new room. It's actually a ton bigger then the one at our apartment, so much so that we even have a little sitting corner by the window with a glider and the baby's cradle. And then a HUGE bathroom connects to our room where the baby's changing table fit perfectly.

This is the new crib that we recently bought. We've been married for over 3 years and it's actually our very first furniture purchase we've made together! All the furniture we've had in the past was either given to us by family or we had before we got married. This crib normally was ridiculously expensive because it's made by Stanley furniture and is so heavy duty I wouldn't be surprised if it lasted forever. Lucky for us Matt and his mom happened to see it at a furniture store out in Ontario on a weekend when it was half off! It still was a splurge, but it turns into a toddler bed and a full bed later on so I foresee getting a lot of good use out of it! And besides it's bee-yoo-ti-ful!


As you can see our theme is Lambs and sheep. This is only small glimpse of how many sheep he has. On the shelf in the corner there is practically a flock of them hanging out on different shelves.
And then in our room this is the cradle that he'll be sleeping in for the first week, or months, until he outgrows it.
Yesterday we went to a baby shower for our friend Dia that Matt and I both knew in Utah. She is expecting a baby girl in December. We couldn't resist taking a preggy belly picture together.

3 comments:

rachel garber said...

is that the bedding from the in-laws with the spanish words?! Love it all! Your new room is cute.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

The crib looks soooo nice. It is a great first piece of furniture.

Steve and Hailey said...

Great crib choice and I like your theme too! I can't wait to see the little baby...I'm sure you feel the same. Pregnancy is a weird thing. It's so long you almost forgot an actual child is the result and then before you know it (kind of) your baby is four months old! You have handled your pregnancy so well. I'm a pain in the...well anyway.