Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BIG NEWS



I haven't blogged in ages because I really only had one MAJOR thing to blog about and had to wait until the time was right to do so. In comparison to this news nothing seemed blog worthy plus the fact that I was exhausted all the time and had morning, noon and night sickness made etching out some computer time way low on the totem pole. 

About 4 weeks ago I paid a visit to the Doctor who informed me of this medical condition I had (unbeknownst to me) that results in a teeny human being! It was a SURPRISE for all parties involved to say the least! So to break the news to Matt I made this sign for him to read when he got home from work that day (warning: it's a little PG-13): 




After the initial shock wore off for both of us we started to get really excited. Partly because it was going to be the first grandkid for his parents and mine. We had already planned a ski trip to Idaho to visit my family and grandparents so we were able to share the news with them this past weekend.  Then to top it off Ben and Chantal flew in for a quick visit too and had some news of their own to share!! I'm way excited that we get to go on this adventure to parenthood together with them!

And when my mom found out she gets to get TWO first grand babies for the price of one she was over the moon!!!!! As you can see.......... :)

18 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! How are you feeling? Pregnancy gets tons better, I promise. You stop feeling crappy and start looking pregnant and feeling the baby. Good luck!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Over the moon and on to Mars, but I'll be back in the fall.

Jason & Shannon said...

Oh my goodness!! I am sooo excited!!! YAY for babies!! I love that sign you made!!!

rick said...

Congratulations you two!!! Very exciting!!!

Victoria said...

Congratulations again! I didn't think you were planning. Surprises from God are always the best :). You'll be great parents! Let me know if you need anything. Cute way to tell Matt. All I did when I found out I was pregnant with Samantha was show Erik the stick.

Jen said...

Congrats! You are going to love being a mom. You are so funny. I love the sign you made, that is such a great idea.

kimberly said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am sooooo excited for you guys!!! It was good to talk to ya the other day. Looks like you had a good time in Idaho! I love the picture of you guys with your mom. And I LOVE how you told Matt about your surprise, really cute and clever! I can't wait to see if it's going to be a mini Matt or mini Kristen!

J. Benson said...

You are so cute, I love that poster you made for Matt. Maybe I'll steal it when I need to tell David. I love the picture with your Mom, she is so excited. I'm excited for you too. That is fun you get to share the pregnancy ups and downs with your sister-in-law.
Check out babycenter.com they have some good info and a weekly update on what your baby is doing. It's kind of cool.

Lauryl said...

That is the most wonderful news I have heard all month. Congrats.

theRach said...

Kristen, that is so awesome! You will be such a cute little mom. Congrats!

The Walkers said...

Congratulations! That's great our sign is adorable...and I may borrow the idea someday! :) We're so excited for you!

Laney said...

that is quite possibly the greatest poster I have ever seen. The eggo prego part was my favorite.

The Nielsons said...

So exciting!!! You are going to be a great mom! It has it's ups and downs of pregnancy and motherhood but the times it's good FAR outweigh the bad so just keep that in mind. And little boys are so much fun so maybe I'll wish that upon you!

Kent and Leisy said...

hip hip hooray! how is it that all of us cousins are all grown up and making more little cousins!? kinda crazy!! congrats!!! you are having a baby!!!

Dylan + Belen Yettick said...

HURRAY!!!! I'm so excited for you two's! :D I can't wait for your future blogs about your "prego eggo" and such! :D You crack me up by the way! You card was adorable! CONGRATS!!!!

Amy and Craig said...

Congrats Kristen!!! I'm so excited for all of you!

Tami said...

Holy Cow!! I am so excited for you! You are going to be great mom. Good luck with the pregnancy.

Erick and Megan said...

Oh that is so exciting! I had to go look for the announcement! Congrats on a baby boy!