Monday, September 15, 2008

where do I start?

So much to blog about and so little time! This weekend Matt and I flew to Idaho Friday around 5 to make it to my sisters wedding which was on Saturday. While on the plane unbeknownst to us family and friends were blowing up Matt's phone with messages to see if he was okay. When we turned his phone once we landed we found out that the train, the exact one that Matt takes everyday home from work, was hit head on by a freight train. 25 people were killed and 135 were injured. You can read the story here. It gives me goosebumps to think about it and how Matt should have been on it. We really are grateful for those who keep us in their prayers because we were really being watched over and protected.  I can't even begin to imagine how the families and spouses whose loved ones passed away or are critically injured from that wreck must feel.  So this weekend we not only got to celebrate my sisters wedding, my brother Ben's 26th birthday, but also that Matt is alive!  

Saturday we all helped prepare for Megan's wedding and reception. It was fun seeing so many family and friends that we hadn't seen in a really long time. (This is my shout out to those who I saw and said they read my blog "Hi Grandma Dee!! Grandma and Grandpa Hansen and Hailey!!!" We really enjoyed visiting with everyone and wished we had more time to stay and play before we had to head home.   
            This is my beautiful sis right before we went to take pictures before the wedding. 
Mr. and Mrs. Hinman about to ride off into the sunset in the limo that picked them up after the reception. A red carpet was even rolled out, total V.I.P. style!



Our plane left bright and early Sunday morning, but we did have time to see my besties from high school Kim and Makel

I got to meet Kim's baby Kiya for the first time, but she had all eyes for Matt. (Kiya did, not Kim :) She would just stare at him and giggle. Matt says it's because she thought he was funny looking, I think she just knows a hunk when she sees one!

I finally managed to hold Kiya without her trying to wiggle her way back to her Mommy. This was by end of the night when I held her and she was so sleepy that she nestled her head on my shoulder....QUICK get the camera! 

 After the reception we kidnapped Kim and Kiya and the four of us went over to Makels house to visit with her and her hubby Dan. It was a great way to end our whirlwind  trip! 

We hopefully will be back in good ole' Idaho in February  for longer then 32 hours so we hope to play with everyone again when we come back!

2 comments:

taylor and laney said...

i sure wish i could have been there. too bad we are clear across the country. i am so glad matt wasn't on that train! hailey said she thought matt was great. i would really like to meet him someday!

rachel garber said...

How crazy is life when we avoid the big tramatic events? I'm glad you were in Idaho! I hope you guys are doing well - I love to read your blog!