Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter 2018

 I was scheduled to work all Easter weekend, but a coworker of mine whose kids are grown offered to work Sunday morning for me so we could celebrate Easter morning with the kids. (I don't think I have updated my blog about my job, but in August I switched from working full time nights as a postpartum nurse in downtown Boise to part time days (hands up emoji inserted here!) as a Lactation Consultant at Meridian St. Luke's.) Matt was scheduled to do the soundboard at our church that morning, which meant he needed to be there by 8 so we had the kids up by 7 and did our Easter egg hunt and breakfast together before he left.

The Easter bunny(s) had a lot of fun the night before hiding plastic eggs around the living room. Plastic eggs that were filled with way too many tempting and delicious peanut butter filled chocolate candies (Matt and I's FAV), some quarters, nickels, and dimes, and ring pops. They each got an Easter basket filled with a giant chocolate egg with a surprise chocolate dinosaur inside, a small toy (Scout got an Ariel pictured below and Sawyer got a Matchbox truck with a bus inside it), an Easter themed Pez dispenser,  and a little bag of Cadbury mini eggs. We had cinnamon roll French toast casserole for breakfast and homemade vanilla breves because I like to pretend I am a barista every. single. morning.  So you know, a lot of sugar was ingested before even 7 thirty in the morning.

I got the kids ready for church and we went to our normal 10:00 church service. I was able to stay for the worship songs and then once the kids went to class I left to go to work. I am so thankful I was able to have such a relaxed Easter morning with my family because like I told the kids, that is the ONLY Easter they will ever have where Sawyer is 8 years old and Scout is 4 years old. The ONLY one. Thoughts like this have been prevailing me that past few months so I am trying to mindfully and purposefully soak in every moment with them because these ages have been so so so good lately. Like definitely my favorite so far. I was thinking before Christmas just how happy we all have been, how life is just so good lately, and then a lightbulb went on and I realized it's because.......we are all getting sleep!! The days of getting up one, two, five times a night are behind us and I really think that has impacted our level of happiness because we are ALL well rested!

Scout checking out the loot inside the egg. We, er, I mean the Easter bunny labeled her eggs with a heart and Sawyer's eggs with an S so they each got the same amount. What a smart bunny.

I spy 8 eggs in this photo, not including the ones that are inside the Lego pen (we keep this set up for a few weeks while they are in Lego building mode because is keeps our dog Jonas from eating the legos). 


They found the ones on the light last!


Sawyer trying to reach some of the high ones.




 Her basket filled up quick!


Checking out their Easter basket goodies.





 Earlier in the week we colored Easter eggs. We hard boiled them in the Instant Pot which was super quick and easy, but man were they smelly! I had gotten a foam egg dying kit that the kids had a lot of fun with and then just a traditional kit. We ended up coloring 23 eggs with only one egg casualty from being dropped on the floor and cracking. Easter morning these eggs were hidden outside in the backyard for them to find because they were way too stinky to be hidden in the house!









 There's Jonas trying to be a part of the egg dying action.







 Scout loved this little pink egg so much! She would cradle it, give it kisses and say "This is my precious egg." She also wanted to sleep with it and take it to school, but I had to put the kibosh on both of those ideas because that little egg smelled so bad.










 She also got to see the Easter bunny at school earlier in the week. The photos of all the kids were posted on her school's website and she looked SO much bigger than the other kids in her class! Come to find out at her well child check this week, she is in the 96th percentile for weight AND height so that would explain it :)




After that doctor appointment we went and got frozen yogurt, also known as bowls full of toppings,




I am going to try to be better at blogging this year because I have so many photos that just take up space on my computer and why take them if I never do anything with them! 

Happy Easter. 

1 comment:

HowellAZ said...

Aw, what a fun Easter you guys had! I couldn't wait for it to end around here, haha! But Ben is gone and that doesn't help, plus....SUGAR! Need I say more? Looking forward to more fun times with you guys this summer. We'll be up for the middle two weeks in June...approximately! :)