Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sawyer date

Every so often I try to take Sawyer out on just a mom/son date. Once we went to Camels Back park in Boise and then hit up Goody's for icecream so Sawyer requested that same exact date again. I had a sneaking suspicion he requested said date because the time before he got a stuffed animal out of it from Goody's...an anteater/aardvark (we aren't  exactly sure) that he named Bunky. Bunky has become a member of the family, goes on car rides with us, sleeps with Sawyer every night, has made an appearance at school, even had a sleepover once in a store when he was accidentally left there and had to be rescued the next morning. This time after we climbed the hills at the park we went to Goody's for an Oreo/hot fudge milkshake and found a new friend: a Narwhal. Yep, one of those whale looking things with a unicorn horn that you probably saw on Elf, the one that says "bye buddy!" right before he heads off to find his dad. I thought they were mythical creatures, nope turns out they are real! Sawyer named his new friend Stuffy and then picked out an a porcupine looking one for Scout that she named Arlo. 

Hiking Camel's Back. 


Enjoying the worlds best milkshake and showing off his new Narwahl that he named Stuffy. 


1 comment:

rachel garber said...

Hey! I read all your posts too, even if I never comment because it's a pain to comment from my phone. The narwhal, I thought was a fable too. And Ryan was like, "Nix your jammies have a mustache and a whale and an anchor and a narwhal . . ." and then I started thinking about it and was like, I'm sure it's real because I'm sure I've seen it in a book before! (Like a text book not a kid's book :) ).

I offered Nix the boring bug pjs or the pirate and he wanted pirate because he's got way more style than I do.

I'll be in town the beginning of August. I'm actually going to post about a get-together on my blog today!