Monday, January 25, 2016

So We Moved.....About 9 months ago.

I've had a draft on my blog here for months with photos of when we moved last May from Kuna to Meridian and am just now getting around to posting them! I actually was going to scrap the whole post, but changed my mind when Matt self-appointed a long and tiring project recently called "Sorting Our Multiple Copies of Thousands of Photos Over the Past Ten Years" and I saw photos of old apartments we lived in. I used to be a crazy cropping fanatic and would crop out the background of all my photos to zoom in on the people in them. When Matt would find the uncropped version of the same photo it was actually really fun to see in the background what our old apartments looked like. Same goes for our house in Kuna. When we first bought our house there the front room remained empty for almost two years until we were able to buy furniture for it.  It was funny to see the decor change in the photos from year to year. Which brings me back to why I decided to take the time to post the photos of our new house because I know in a few years the decor and furniture will probably have changed, especially in the kids rooms, and it will be fun for them to look back at these photos of when we first bought our house. 

Before we put in an offer on this house we had been looking online for over a year at homes in Meridian. We had met with a realtor a good 12 months before we were actually ready to move just to find out what kinds of things we needed to do to get our Kuna house ready to put on the market. At the beginning of the year in 2015 we were getting close to listing our house. I had found this house online that I absolutely loved everything about. Like EVERYTHING about. I told Matt if we were close to listing I really, really wanted to look at this one. A week later we were talking to our realtor and he asked if there was any homes we had interest in looking at. I told him there was just one. He said he would see if we could walk through. I was beyond excited!! The owners said yes and the next morning we went to take the tour with our realtor. I'm not even kidding, when I say when I walked in I knew it was the one, but I tried to keep my cool so Matt didn't think I was crazy! We did the whole walk through and everything on our list of features that we wanted in a home this house had. I tried to contain my excitement, but in the end said I wanted to put in an offer and, wait for it....Matt agreed! We put in an offer, listed our house the following day, and the months that ensued were an emotional roller coaster with the stress of buying and selling a home, but in the end it all worked out and we were able to move in to the one and only house we walked through.

This is the entry way and the first time we have ever planted flowers! We had no clue what we were doing. We wandered aimlessly up and down the aisles at Lowe's overwhelmed with all the different options of plants. In the end we just decided we would simplify the process and do yellow and orange flowers. Who knows what specific kind of flowers they actually are, but they grew in really well and looked pretty all the way until mid October!



This is our front room when you first walk in. This photo is pretty recent because we got the huge clock for Christmas and Sawyer got the easel from Santa. 




We could not figure out what to put in the empty space above our fireplace. The house was built in 2006 so technically a tv would have gone here before. Matt made this huge canvas of our family to put there and I love it! 


The door to the right is Matt's office where he works from home. 




Next up the dining room. We moved some things around so we could put Scout's kitchen in there. 
She likes to make me a cup of "coffee" or toast some bread in her kitchen at the same time as when I am cooking. 













The people who lived here before us had something hanging above their pantry door and I wanted to do the same, but couldn't find anything that would work and Matt loathes anything that states the obvious and says "PANTRY" or even better those signs in bathrooms that say "BRUSH" or "FLUSH" :) I found these free printable on pinterest that I loved because truly "with coffee anything is possible" and the way Scout says "I love you" sounds exactly like "OLIVE you". 


This is just past the kitchen. To the left leads into our bedroom, to the right past the mud area leads into the garage and the stairs lead up to a bonus room and bedroom. 


This collage hangs on the wall as you go into our bedroom. We got those silhouette photos of the kids  done at Disneyland last Christmas and I've been wanting to frame them ever since.




This is the photo that was online when this house was listed. The chandelier was absolutely beautiful, but we decided we couldn't live without a ceiling fan. Good thing we have a little girl now so that chandelier wasn't wasted! We moved it into her room and it looks super cute in there. The wall behind the bed I absolutly love and it will be staying forever since the former owner PAINTED it! When we first saw the house I thought it was wallpaper. To paint that thing so painstakingly well had to have taken For. Ev. Er.  



Here is what our room looks like now and on laundry day nonetheless. Just keeping it real. 


The tub in our bathroom has been such a huge hit for the whole family, although not all at the same time. Pretty sure we wouldn't all fit ;) The kids love it and have yet to take a bath in their own bathtub. 



This is another listing photo, but I purposefully copied almost everything in there.  Yep I have no shame. If I have bought the house with everything in it I totally would have, I loved the bright colors all over the house and we have tried to maintain the same thing. We also have a turquoise patterned rug on the floor, my necklaces are hanging right where hers were and we have white bath towels as well. Originality in decorating is definitely not a talent of mine. 






 If you head back down the hall to the other end of the house the kids rooms and a bathroom are down there. We loved that this house is practically a one story. The bonus room and bedroom upstairs we rarely use, but its nice to know it's available for guests and when the kids are older I'm sure we will be using it a lot!

 




Here is the inside of Sawyer's Star Wars/Minecraft/Jurassic World room.  




This is the kids bathroom in the hall between their two rooms. 




And then Scout's room is to the right of the bathroom, right across the hall from Sawyer's. 



Back down the hall towards the stairs is the laundry room with a pocket door. This just might be my favorite room in the house. 



Now let's follow the little naked baby up the stairs. That little girl has almost given me a heart attack taken not once, but twice when she tumbled all the way down the stairs and onto the tile below! The sound of a little person crashing down the stairs has got to be one of the worst sounds ever! Thankfully, she has gotten really good at sliding down on her belly now so we haven't had to experience a third fall. 


Upstairs has turned into our theater room ever since Matt installed speakers on the front wall and the back wall. 



There is also a good size bathroom up there with a shower. 


Down the hall from there is another bedroom. Eventually I want to line this hallway with family photos. 


That bedroom has the "Lego" closet. 



For right now, this room is the play room. When Sawyer is older I'm sure he will want to move up here since it's almost as large as the master. Then after he moves out I'm sure Scout will head up there. The room is pretty mismatched right now since that bed will eventually be moved down to Scout's room when we get rid of her crib, but for now it works great as a guest bed. 




We have really enjoyed living in Meridian and being so much closer to a lot of our friends that live out this way.  There is an elementary school in our neighborhood that Sawyer will go to next year for first grade and Scout will attend as well. A middle school and high school are just on the outskirts of the neighborhood as well so they won't have far to go when the times comes. Sawyer was a little bummed that he won't ever get to the ride the school bus, but I told him he wasn't missing much! This  is also the kid who says he wishes we still lived in California so he could live on the second floor of an apartment. And to think we moved to Idaho for him! Ha! :) 



1 comment:

Victoria said...

Your house is beautiful! Sawyer and Ryan would get along so well. Ryan loves Star Wars and Minecraft and when he was sick a little over a month ago, his request was watching Jurassic World ;). And that funny that he misses living in an apartment. My kids miss that too...