Friday, September 9, 2011

EFL (English as a first language)

Sawyer has been saying new words almost every day. *Sigh of relief*  His newest one? Choklet (chocolate) which is not surprising considering he is the offspring of two admitted chocoholics. Here is some other vocab he says now:

guck (truck)
tractor
caw (car)
rock
ball
water
melk (milk)
doggie
woof-woof
kitty
moww (meow)
phant (elephant) and blows his lips to mimic the sound of an elephant
duck
blanket
bucket

This boy is all about trucks, tractors, forklifts and bulldozers too (which just so happens to be the title of a book my friend Kim gave me for his baby shower and one that we read A LOT)


This next video is of Sawyer watching his ultimate favorite You Tube video on my laptop. Now whenever he sees a computer, he points to it and demands we watch the tractors. For anyone interested, like perhaps my nephew Jett, here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXhhXXsxSfE


This weeks have gone by super fast and been super busy ever since the semester began, which is a good thing (because I can't wait for Christmas!!!) and a bad thing (hence, my lack of blogging).  We did go camping over Labor Day weekend and I have lots of photos to post from that soon. 

6 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Maybe we can use that song for next's years Labor Day performance:
"He is an excavator, his work is more like fun"...

kwriter said...

He seems happier now that he can express this thoughts with words. I bet you and Matt are happier too!

kwriter said...

He seems happier now that he can express this thoughts with words. I bet you and Matt are happier too!

HowellAZ said...

Woot woot - he is a great talker these days...he pronounces tractor very well. :)
As soon as I heard that song from the youtube video, I knew we'd watched it before...it's just a sweet tune! But it's been a looong time, so I'll have to turn it on again. Jett likes to come down to the basement with Ben since he always shows him truck, tractor and train videos! Can't wait to squeeze that little guy soon!

Unknown said...

Hi Kristen - we got our google acct - now we can see SoyBoy all the time!

endlessglowbyjessica said...

I like the first video... he looks at you and is like... Mom, I'm pretty busy right now taking care of these trucks and tractors... I don't need to be talking about it! :) He's so cute. So glad I got to see you both last week (and Matt!). Miss you! And he does say tractor very well in the second vid! (Don't let him near me too much or he'll never finish his words! Haha... )