Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pics Of Our New Pad

I've been asked for some photos of our new home, so here they are! This is what it looks like from the front. The yard needs some serious work that we will be getting to shortly. 


Directly to the left in the photo above is a park that we've been frequenting a lot lately! I foresee a lot of visits there in our future since Sawyer can see it from the the front room and then starts begging to go play on the toys.




This is Sawyer sitting on the bench at the park. That is our house there on the corner. 


This is the backyard that also needs some work. We are planning on ripping out all the weeds and getting some grass in there eventually. Last night I put Moxie out in the yard and when Matt asked where she was I said she was out playing in the 'field', on accident since that's what it looks like with all the weeds! 


The house from the back. 


Moxie is behind Sawyer here going through her new doggie door into the garage. 



Alright, let's head inside for some photos of the living areas. 



This is the front room when you walk in. To the right that door leads to...


A big closet with a hide-y hole in the back to the left that Sawyer thinks was made especially for him. 


Then after the closet are the stairs. 


That are perfect for relaxing on.



On the way up to the bedrooms upstairs, but I haven't taken photos of those quite yet so that will be a later post.  


These are the windows in the living room at the back of the house. Right now they look out to an open field, but new houses are already popping up in the neighborhood so it won't be long until there are houses behind us. 


This is the door coming in from the garage. To the left in the photo are the doors to the pantry and to the right is the half bath. 


This is the half bath. 


And then directly in from the garage is the kitchen and dining area. 



Yesterday our couches arrived from RC Willey. They are our second furniture purchase, our first one was Sawyer's crib that we bought before he was born. We had sat on these exact couches at the play place 'Just Kid'n Around' a few months ago and loved how comfy they were. Turns out they were on sale and the ottoman came free! Bonus! Only problem was it's an L shaped couch and there was no way it was going to fit into our living room. We had to get creative to make it work, so we just separated it and the chaise lounge now sits in the corner. It actually looks better than I thought it would and even the delivery men said it was a cool idea. That's good since we liked the couches so much we were going to make it work no matter what! 



This is the front room again that now serves as Sawyer's downstairs play area. One of my relatives generously offered us a couch, dressers and a dining room table that we are picking up this weekend.  Matt's mom had just moved recently too and she had offered us her really nice desk for Matt to work on, but unfortunately there was just no way we would be able to get it up here.  Our plan is that we are just going to save up little by little for whatever other things we need. So long as we have a couch to sit on, a table to eat at, and a bed to sleep in we are good for the time being.



And that about wraps up the downstairs. We've been loving putting things away with the knowledge that we won't have to move again for a long, long time! So far since we've been married this is the sixth place we've lived. First was our 500 sq. ft. apartment in Encino, then our 2 bedroom apartment in Simi Valley, then we downsized to a one bedroom in Moorpark, after we found out we were going to be having a baby we moved in with Matt's grandma, and after moving to Idaho we housesat for my parents for three months, and now we are here in Kuna and hope to stay put for quite a while. I used to love moving around, but I think I've gotten that out my system now that we have a child. It's way too hard to move with a wiggly toddler! The past three nights I've slept better than I have in years and Matt said the same thing, if that's not a sign that we love our new place I don't know what is! 

15 comments:

kwriter said...

It looks beautiful! I loved being able to make our house our home when we bought our first house. Most of the furniture came from my mom's house and when I moved out of the condo recently, I realized most of my furniture was the same as what my mom had given to us. Moral of the story: Be good friends or relatives with those who have excellent taste in quality furniture and you will benefit (especially if these same individuals like to redecorate often).

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Loved the pictures! So nice to have your very own house. You will make lots of memories there.

Victoria said...

That is awesome! Congratulations, home owners :).

Bobrey and the Boys said...

Your house is awesome! I am really happy for you guys. We will have to come and see it when you have some time and are up for some visitors.

Sven & Trin said...

Your house is beautiful. I'm so excited for you that you get to put down roots, I bet that feels nice. Congratulations.

Lauryl said...

Your house looks fabulous! It's always fun to have a few projects to work on. Your yard will get to be great! (We're still working on ours and we've been in our home a year and a half).

J. Benson said...

Congratulations! What a grand new adventure. I look forward to seeing your place when I come visit.

Jason & Shannon said...

Congrats! It looks amazing!!!

soliluna said...

So lovely! Congrats- I especially love the park nearby. How great is that? Your kitchen is so open and functional at the same time. Fun that Sawyer has a dedicated playspace downstairs. happy for you!

Shalee said...

What a beautiful home! I am so excited for you guys! A tad jealous....but very excited! Have fun settling in and making it your own! I'm right there with ya when it comes to not moving anymore. This august will be our ninth move in five years and then January we'll move again for number ten. Hopefully we'll be able to stay put for a couple years before moving to a place we would like to settle and call home for I don't the rest of our lives! Good luck with everything!!!!!

HowellAZ said...

So glad you posted pictures of your new place - it rocks! The kitchen is great, the outside looks really cute with the different levels and I even like your field. :)
Bonus that you have a play area across the way...it is so nice those are getting put in to these newer subdivisions.
Oh, and that couch looks amazing! I can't wait to come for a visit and sit on it...that is, after I have a lounge on your stairs with S boy. I just melted at that picture...so CUTE!

The Nielsons said...

I really like the outside color and what a nice sized yard! Our floor plan looks really similar and we love it! Enjoy being a homeowner and making it your own cozy home.

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

cute house!

Annie Searcy said...

Hi Kristin! I am totally blog stalking now! Just wanted to say hi and that your new home is gorgeous! How exciting for you guys! I Loooove the kitchen. Your little guy is just adorable! We live in Meridian too, we must not be too far from eachother...maybe we'll have to do some play dates in the future! Glad to see your doing so well!

Steve and Hailey said...

I'm feeling super jealous! :) Looks wonderful!