Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ouch




My brain is streeeeeeeetching and it hurts. Literally. I have a headache and I blame it on all the chemistry information that I am forcing my frontal lobe to memorize and hold on to long enough for my test this Saturday morning. I am currently at Starbucks studying while Matt takes care of Sawyer for the evening. Besides the headache, just being out of the house and by myself is blissful because not only did I need the time away for studying purposes, but also because I was going to lose my mind today with the Soy boy! He was soooooo whiny and clingy, I felt like I was a piece of velcro and I couldn't pry him off of me. Makes for an interesting time trying to do the dishes, make meals, clean, and do laundry when I am juggling a 25 pound kid between arms. Not to mention getting any homework done at home while holding a child on your lap who wants to 'help' by pressing all the keys on the keyboard is just out of the question. So here I am enjoying a black and white mocha and an ice water, and in between studying breaks (which I am obviously taking right now) my brain can rest and I am slowly getting my sanity back.

6 comments:

endlessglowbyjessica said...

Hang in there! School started for me on Sat and I could not imagine having a kid and doing school! My cat gets in the way but still gets bored of sitting on my book after about 20 minutes. :) I'll pray God stretches your brain just enough to rock this test! :) Miss ya!!!!!!

The Hickman Family said...

Call me a blogstalker because thats what I am! lol I've read a few of your posts (from Kami's page) & always laugh at how much alike we are. Okay, now I sound like a creeper. Anyway, I have a son close to your son's age (July 09) & am also a stay-at-home-mom while juggling the rest of my prereqs & coreqs to apply to the RN program next year. I can definately relate & its just nice to know that somebody else is going through the same wonderful yet very stressful things! Hang in there!! What is your major?

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

I will hold that little boy while you study. At times like that sometimes they only want the "mamma". Hope you ace the test!

Victoria said...

I couldn't imagine trying to study in that situation. Thank the Lord for Starbucks! (Ryan's been clingy the past few days too, and Daddy doesn't cut it :P.)

Shalee said...

So glad you were able to get out! I totally feel a when it comes to a clingy child. We definitely have our days at our house! Sounds like Koop and Sawyer are in the same page!good luck with your school! I hear that Chemistry is tough!

HowellAZ said...

Good luck with your test on Sat. Hopefully you'll get some more cling-free moments of study time between now and then. There definitely are times where you gotta take a deep breath. Being in the kitchen making food with an 18-month-old under foot is up there on my 'learn to tolerate' list. That and getting soaked by a splashing little fish in the bathtub. Deep breath, sigh.