Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lucky number 3


There's something about odd numbers that makes me like them so much better then even ones. They seem so much more fun and unique! Looking back all the memories from odd number ages stick out to me while the even years are kinda fuzzy. So this year is a great one considering I'll be 25, Matt will be 29 and it's our 3 year anniversary! Since we had such a good time last year celebrating our 2nd year at the San Diego zoo we decided to be unoriginal and go for round 2 there. We drove down early in the morning and made it by 10 am, and the zoo was already, well, a zoo!! There were a bajillion people there for memorial day weekend, yes a bajillion, I counted. We enjoyed walking around just the two of us, since the next time we venture there we will be one of the many stroller bound.

This was one of my favorite animals of the day. I wish I could have gotten on camera the little boy staring intently at this thing who was laying there like he was dead and then suddenly put his reptilian head up and stared right back at him....that little boy screamed like he'd been bitten! It was pretty funny, even his parents were laughing so I didn't feel bad that I was too.

Conned some tourists into taking our pic for us.

After walking around the zoo for almost 6 hours we went to the Gaslamp district in San Diego and walked around some more which was following in the footsteps of what we did last year too! Only this time we ate somewhere different.

I can't believe it's been 3 years already! Time flies when you're having fun!

3 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Sweet! Congratulations on your three year anniversary. Looks like a good tradition. I wish I could've seen the little boy and the reptile.

Jason & Shannon said...

Congratulations!! You guys are looking great!

kimberly said...

Happy 3 years together!!! Wow, time really flies by eh?! I do really like Matt's hair buzzed like that, Lance just buzzed his like that too! And you of course look beautiful, although I'm going to have to say the best change for you is you're baby bump :)