Monday, October 27, 2008

Moxie made our little twosome a threesome last Friday. We went to the Pet shop at the Simi mall to have make our usual rounds checking  out all the animals and talking about what kind of dog we would want to get 'someday'.  Next thing we knew 'someday' had turned into that day and we had bought a puppy! We had been waiting until we had found the perfect little dog, but we both agreed that we had definitely found her! (Although Matt later said he partly agreed with me because he couldn't say no to my puppy dog eyes. Ha! I didn't even know I was capable of making eyes like that!)  She is a Lhaso Apso which is a dog I had done a lot of research on in the past because they are good for people with allergies since they shed little to no hair. Apparently like two thousand years the breed was only bred in Tibet by holy men and nobles and was used as a watchdog in temples and monasteries. Some watch dog since they only grow to be about 18 lbs!!  But they have an incredible sense of hearing as we have discovered since Moxie will occasionally start growling inexplicably or perhaps she just sees ghosts!! She has been a ton of fun so far and is pretty calm most of the time expect for in this video when we got her all riled up and she decided she wanted to play WWF wrestling. 

12 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

You got a dog too! Wow I feel so out of the loop! Haha. Congratulations on the new addition!

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Cute and fluffy. Looks like you guys are all having fun.

Karen said...

Wow! That's cool you have a new addition in your family! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun (although it probably requires a lot of work as well, but that's what makes it worth it, right?).

Sven & Trin said...

Oh how fun! I have to say, I cracked up when she attacked the camera. She's so cute, and she looks so soft. I'm glad you two got a dog, I think they're wonderful companions.

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Your hair IS short. But I think it looks cute ; 0 )

Amy and Craig said...

cute baby! someday we'll tackle the dog question too, but only one baby at a time!

Megan said...

That is the cutest little dog, lol with lots of exurberance or no depth perception. Poor matt got the smack down from a pup.

HowellAZ said...

Is that a bow in her hair??? She is sooooo cute! Max was also going about that crazy tonight when all 6 of the neighbor kids were dancing around him outside. He could not contain his hyperness! Don't dogs make life fun?

Victoria said...

What a cute little thing. Let us know when we can come over and meet her!

theRach said...

She is so cute! How fun...

taylor and laney said...

was this dog in your dave ramsey budget?

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Hey, I can;t find that page in the Dave Ramsey appendix can you tell me what page? I'm still looking.

Maybe she could be food storage like Libby.

Mom and Dad.