Friday, June 10, 2011

RC Willey

Memorial day Matt and I got up early so we could then go wait in line at RC Willey to hopefully get our hands on one of their door buster deals: a black counter height kitchen table. I had been looking on Craigslist for quite a while for a dining room table and chairs and hadn't found anything that was worth the money. Is it just me, or do people price their stuff ridiculously high on there? Sorry, but no I would not like to pay five hundred dollars for your country style kitchen table purchased twenty years ago. Anyway, the table at RC Willey wasn't spectacular by any means, but the price definitely was and we had come to the conclusion that we needed one pronto. Eating at the kitchen counter three meals a day while standing was getting old. Getting in line early paid off as we got numero deux out of the ten tables available. It was delivered a few days later and here is our dining room now with a proper table and chairs. I'm trying to convince Matt that a lantern would look really cool in place of the chandelier. Not like an outdoor one, but a cool looking indoor one. I've seen it in a Pottery Barn catalog so it can't be that crazy of an idea.



Another perk to braving the herd of people at RC Willey was that we got a $25 off coupon to use that day. We thought about hawking it to someone else since we weren't planning on getting anything besides the table (which we discovered in the coupon's super sneaky fine print that it wouldn't work towards) until we found this black mirror on sale that was normally priced at $125. With it's sale price and our coupon we got the mirror for $20 and the birds for free! 



So for now our living room looks like this. Or the T.V. room as I call it. For as long as I can remember I can never figure out which room is the living room and which is the family room. I can't even tell you how many times my mom has explained it to me, it just never sticks. Let me see if I have it right, the family room is the TV room and the living room is the formal room, right? Well that doesn't make sense because the living room should be the one you live in and use more! Hence, why I just stick with calling it the TV room. So much easier. 

7 comments:

endlessglowbyjessica said...

I think you are extra excited about good deals b/c you know how expensive things are anywhere but Idaho. I go to Winco there, and want to buy them out and stock up my fridge for a year with those prices! I love the way your place is turning out! Can't wait to see it!

HowellAZ said...

Can't wait to see your place and hang out in the t.v/living/family room! The furniture finds are great and your house is looking more fantastic with each addition!

kwriter said...

You can get really fancy and call it the media room. Can you tell I watch too much HGTV? :-)

I love the birds. I found some similar ones at the Great Indoors for a great price (I find some of my best deals at the Great Indoors, which surprises me because it tends to be on the pricey side). I like how you are gradually adding things to make the house your home.

kwriter said...

You can get really fancy and call it the media room. Can you tell I watch too much HGTV? :-)

I love the birds. I found some similar ones at the Great Indoors for a great price (I find some of my best deals at the Great Indoors, which surprises me because it tends to be on the pricey side). I like how you are gradually adding things to make the house your home.

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

CUTE! I think that a lantern would look really cool in place of the chandelier too! Cute bird :)

Shalee said...

Your place is looking so good! Way to get a good deal! Sorry I missed seeing you while I was in town! I was way too busy sewing and getting things ready for my sister's wedding. I thought it would be fun to get our little ones together. Next time!

J. Benson said...

Love your new table. I think it's actually the same one I have. It opens up and becomes square right? I got mine from a scratch and dent section years ago in Colorado and got a good deal, and the extra scratches on it make it look good to.