Monday, February 1, 2016

October Fun

I love October. It has always been my favorite month with its cool, crisp air and changing leaves and then in 2009 on the first day of October Sawyer was born which makes the month that much sweeter. When we lived in California I would crave the kind of autumnal October that happens in Idaho and Utah. I was always busting at the seams to break out my sweaters and boots once September hit, but in California it felt kind of silly and overdressed to be wearing anything more than shorts, a tank and flip flops when it was in the 80's outside :)  Don't me wrong, I still love California weather and come February I will be wishing I was there, but there's something about the fall months that just makes me feel like cold weather is mandatory! And evening fall walks in said cold weather is also mandatory....



  
Another fun thing about October, that is four years now running, is our Halloween pumpkin carving night with our friends the Searcy's and Smith's! It was our turn to host again this year, which was fun to do at our new house especially now that we live less than a mile away from both  friends houses! 


It wouldn't be a traditional pumpkin carving party without our annual goofy photo! These are the best! They just get better and better every year!  
















No comments: